Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Vacation plans

I’ve heard that one becomes a real Canadian when one starts planning their vacation long ahead and that is the biggest challenge of the year. Seems like we are getting there. At least we started planning our mid-August vacation now – which is well ahead to me and it is a real challenge to put those plans together.

Our current plan is a big and costly one – going to Italy on a tour that includes Rome, Siena, Napoli, Pompeii, Florence, Pisa, Genoa, Milan, and Venice. We have 12 days for the trip booked in our calendars. Now we are trying to figure out the least expensive option of fulfilling it – that is quite a challenge I must say, but a pleasant and exciting one so far.

I miss Italy badly since I went there once when I was 15 or so. It’s one of the several places I want to come back to – one, where a part of my soul was left behind and the rest of it yearns for reunion ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment